Self-care means giving the world the best of you, instead of what is left of you.
Self-care routine is a really very important part of a healthy lifestyle. it can help you to beat stress, reduce anxiety and boost your mood. it helps us to become more peaceful and calm. Here in this post, I will share some self-care ideas that can be a part of your routine. It’s better to have a variety of Ideas to choose from so that your self-care routine does not become boring and predictable.
Hope you will enjoy it.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood.
- Go to the park in the morning.
- Drink a big glass of water (Right Now).
- Stand up and stretch your whole body. (From head to toe)
- Play some music and dance. Or just move to the beat.
- Walk up or down the stairs and back.
- Go for a massage.
- Sleep in this weekend.
- Take a 20-minute nap.
- Spend some time out in nature.
- Join a gym.
- Take deep breaths and focus on breathing, nothing else.
- Read a positive quote to start your day, every day.
- Spend less time on social media. Limit yourself to 1 hour a day or less.
- Write out your thoughts on a journal.
- Wake up in the morning and be grateful for the things you have.
- Put up a positive wallpaper on your desktop.
- Write down some goals.
- Unfollow negative people/friends on your social media.
- Spend less time with toxic people in your life.
- Stuff yourself with your favorite food, but only occasionally.
- Read old letters or messages from loved ones that will make you feel better.
- Draw or paint. Be creative and let your emotions out.
- Tidy up your room and workplace. This will help declutter your mind.
- Take a quiz about yourself.
- Look yourself in the mirror for 5 minutes and start pondering.
- Meditate every day.
- Eat some dark chocolate. It increases dopamine.
- Go for a movie in the cinema all by yourself.
- Take a day off from work on a weekday and spend time alone.
- Attend a church, temple, mosque or anything religious.
- Read thoughts and quotes from spiritual leaders.
- Give to a charity.
- Do something nice in secret. Eg. Pay for a random table’s meal at a restaurant and keep it a secret.
- Fast for a day and use the time to reflect.
- Take a weekend off social media.
- Read about the Buddha and the Dalai Lama.
- Learn breathing techniques to relax.
- Try being a vegetarian/vegan once in a week.
- Learn about the law of attraction.
- Learn yoga.
- Limit your sugar intake.
- Learn a musical instrument.
- Talk to smarter people.
- Watch TED talks.
- Listen to podcasts that are relevant.
- Call a close friend to say hi.
- Join a book club or go to the library more often
- Spend a day with your loved ones.
- Take a road trip with your friends
There you have it. A long list of self-care ideas for everyone and everything. Did you enjoy reading it?
If you have any ideas that are not included, drop a comment and I’ll add it to the post!
Remember to take care of yourself and please share the post
Latest posts by Dipti Goyal (see all)
- I Practiced Yoga For 5 Years – See What It Taught Me - July 27, 2019
- 7 Eating Hacks To Get Fit Without Spending A Single Penny - June 5, 2019
- 5 Simple Ways To Stay Focused At Work - May 25, 2019